Competition Terms & Conditions
- The Promoter
The promoter is: Guitar Gear Giveaway of Unit 6 Smalls Yard, Dellers Wharf, Taunton, TA1 1NU.
Our correspondence address is: Guitar Gear Giveaway, Unit 6 Smalls Yard, Dellers Wharf, Taunton, TA1 1NU.
If you wish to contact us for any reason, please email [email protected]
- The competition
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions listed on the Promoter’s website at https://guitargeargiveaway.co.uk (the “Website”)
- Competitions are skill-based competitions and an entry fee is payable each time you enter.
- To be in with a chance of winning, everyone who enters the competition (an “Entrant”) will be required to correctly answer a question set by the Promoter (the “Competition Question”).
- How to enter
- The competition will run from and including the opening and closing dates specified on the Website. These dates shall be referred to as the “Opening Date” and “Closing Date” respectively. All times and dates referred to are the times and dates in London, England.
- If it is absolutely necessary to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to change the Opening and Closing Dates. If the Promoter does change the Opening Date and/or the Closing Date of a competition, the new details will be displayed on the Website.
- All competition entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than the specified time on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the specified time on the Closing Date are automatically disqualified and no refunds will be given.
- The maximum number entries to the competition will be stated on the Website. The number of entries you are able to make may be limited if the maximum number of entries is reached.
- To enter the competition:
- go to the Website and view the Competition Question;
- complete and submit the online entry form; then
- purchase the required number of entries; then
- when you have purchased your entries, submit your answer to the Competition Question.
- All entries must be submitted in the English language. Entries in languages other than English will automatically be disqualified and no refund will be given.
- The Promoter will send confirmation that your entry has been received.
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are not successfully completed, are lost or are delayed regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- By purchasing entries and submitting a competition entry, you are entering into a contract with the Promoter and are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- You may enter the competition for free by complying with the following conditions:
- Send your entry by first or second class post on an unenclosed postcard to the Promoter at the following address: Guitar Gear Giveaway, Unit 6 Smalls Yard, Dellers Wharf, Taunton, TA1 1NU ;
- include with your entry the following information:
- your full name;
- your address;
- a contact telephone number and email address;
- the full title for the competition you want to enter for;
- your answer to the Competition Question.
- incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified;
- Each free entry must be submitted and posted to the Promoter separately. Bulk entries in one envelope will not be accepted as multiple entries and if a bulk entry is received, it will be counted as one single entry;
- Postal entries are limited to one entry per person for each competition;
- by entering the competition, you are confirming that you are eligible to enter and accept these terms and conditions;
- your entry must be received by the Promoter 48 hours before Closing Date. Entries received after this will not be entered into the random draw;
- Entrants must have a valid account with Guitar Gear Giveaway with all details filled out and matching those provided on the written submission. If your personal details are not completed in your account we cannot validate your entry. Submissions failing to meet all of the above criteria and criteria in our terms and conditions will be invalid.
- the Promoter will not acknowledge receipt of your entry nor confirm if your answer to the Competition Question is correct;
- if the number of paid entries reaches any cap or limit before your free entry is received, you will not be entered into the random draw.
- Choosing a winner
- your entry must be received by the Promoter 48 hours before Closing Date. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be entered into the random draw;
- For help with entries, please contact us via email: [email protected]
- The competition is only open to all residents in the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over, except:
- employees of the Promoter;
- employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition. If you fail to provide the Promoter with any such proof or other information that they may require within a reasonable time, you may be disqualified from the competition.
- The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer; or
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- No refunds of the entry fee will be given in any event, including;
- if, following your entry into the competition, you subsequently find out that you are not eligible to enter the competition or claim the Prize;
- if, following your entry into the competition the eligibility criteria for entering the competition or claiming the Prize changes and you are no longer eligible; or
- if you are disqualified from the competition by the Promoter for any reason.
- Entrants can enter each competition as many times as they wish until the maximum number of entries per user have been submitted and until the maximum number of entries for the competition have been received. Entrants submitting free entries must submit each entry separately. Bulk entries, if received, will not be accepted and will only be counted as one single entry. Entries may be limited if the maximum number of entries for the competition is reached.
- The prize
- The prize for the competition is described on the Website (the “Prize”). Details of the Prize are, to the best of the Promoter’s knowledge, information and belief, correct as at the Opening Date.
- Prizes are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. If any details of the Prize change, the Promoter will endeavour to update the Website as soon as reasonably possible.
- The Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties about the Prize, its value, its condition or any other information provided on the Website. The Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties that the information provide on the Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- The Prize may be supplied by a third-party supplier (the “Supplier”). Details of the Supplier (if any) will be provided on the Website.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative cash prize (“Cash Prize”) in the following circumstances:
- the Prize becomes unavailable;
- other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter make it necessary to do so.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- he decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The winners full name will be announced during the live draw. If you wish for your name to be censored during the live draw please contact [email protected] with reasonable time left before the prize draw takes place.
- The Promoter will contact the winner personally as soon as practicable after the Draw Date, using the email address provided with the competition entry. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed the Prize within 21 of days of the Draw Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will publish the surname and winning number of major prize winners on the Website.
- If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at [email protected] prior to the Closing Date. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Claiming the prize
- You must claim the Prize personally. The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf. Details of how the Prize will be delivered to you (or made available for collection) are published on the Website.
- If your personal details, including contact information, changes at any time you should notify the Promoter as soon as reasonably possible. Notifications should be sent to the Promoter via email to [email protected]. Notifications must include details of the competition you have entered, your old details and your new details. If your details change within 10 days of the Closing Date, the Promoter will use your old details if it needs to try to contact you.
- Any Cash Prize will be transferred directly to the winners nominated bank account. The winner must provide evidence that it is the sole or joint beneficiary of the bank account. Failure to do so within 21 days will result in disqualification from the competition and the winner forfeiting the prize. In such circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable to pay any compensation if you are unable to or do not take up the prize.
- Limitation of liability
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Data protection and publicity
- If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
- If you do not wish to participate in any publicity, you must notify the Promoter prior to the Closing Date. This will not affect your chances of winning the Prize. If you do not agree to participate in any publicity about the competition we may still provide your details to the Advertising Standards Authority. This is a legal requirement that we must comply with to prove that the competition has been properly administered and the Prize awarded.
- If you are the winner of the competition, you may be required to provide further personal information and proof of your identity in order to confirm your eligibility to claim the Prize and transfer ownership of the Prize to you. You consent to the use of your information in this way. You are entitled to request further details about how your personal information is being used. You may also withdraw your consent to your personal information being used in such way but by doing so you may prevent the Prize being transferred to you. In such circumstances, you will be deemed to have withdrawn from the competition and forfeit the Prize. You will not be entitled to any refund of your entry fee. The Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- Please note that under data protection laws you are entitled to request that the Promoter does not contact you and removes your details from its database. If you make such a request you will be withdrawing from the competition as it will not be possible to contact you in the event that you are the winner. You will not be entitled to any refund of any entry fee if you withdraw from the competition. If you do not wish any of your personal details to be used by the Promoter for promotional purposes, please email the Promoter at [email protected] prior to the Closing Data.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. The latest version of these terms and conditions will be available on the Website.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition and any future competitions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The competitions on the Website are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering the competitions, Entrants agree that Facebook has no liability and is not responsible for the administration or promotion of the competitions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- You should print a copy of these terms and conditions and keep them for your records.
12. Anti Money Laundering Policy
12.1. On top of complying with all conditions as laid out by “The Gambling Act 2005” in relation to prize competitions, Guitar Gear Giveaway has put in place measures to prevent its systems from being used for the purposes of money laundering, terrorist financing or any other criminal activity.
12.2 Guitar Gear Giveaway is committed to preventing money laundering and combat the financing of terrorism in order to minimise and manage its reputational risk, legal risk and regulatory risk. It is also committed to its wider social responsibility in preventing crime by not allowing its systems to be used to commit crimes.
12.3 In order to adhere to Anti Money Laundering regulations and requirements, Guitar Gear Giveaway shall:
appoint a designated Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) whose responsibility it is to report possible acts of money laundering to the authorities. This role belongs to Samuel Boxell.
12.4 Take reasonable steps to establish the identity of any person for whom it is proposed to provide its service.
12.5 Keep at all times a secure online list of all registered Players.
12.6 Retain identification and transactional documentation for each Player.
12.7 Provide initial and ongoing training to all relevant staff so that they are aware of their personal responsibilities and the procedures in respect of identifying Players, monitoring Player activity, record-keeping and reporting any unusual/suspicious transactions.
12.8 Ensure that this policy is reviewed and maintained regularly.
12.9 Examine, as much as is possible, the background and purpose of any complex or large transactions or groups of transactions which are likely, by their nature, to be related to money laundering or the funding of terrorism.
12.10 Not accept or open anonymous Accounts or Accounts in fictitious names such that the true beneficial owner is not known.
12.11 Not register a Player who is under eighteen (18) years of age.
12.12 Only register a single account in the name of a particular person.
12.13 Transfer payments of winnings or refunds back to the same route from where the funds originated, where possible.
12.14 Not accept cash from Players. Funds may be received from Players only by any of the approved methods.
12.15 Terminate a Player’s registration if it becomes aware that a person has provided false information when onboarding.
12.16 Report any suspicion or knowledge of money laundering of terrorism financing to the authorities.
12.17 Cooperate with all relevant administrative, enforcement and judicial authorities in their endeavour to prevent and detect criminal activity.